Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thorns In My Side...






Okay, so does anything look out of place in these pictures...like they don't quite belong? I'll clue you in...one rhymes with word and the other rhymes with bat.
That's right, it appears that a couple of animals have made themselves at home here. Let me just tell you, I'm not much of an animal person.
This cat, we'll call him "Spot", because he does have spots, right? Well, anyways, Spot has decided in the last few weeks that he enjoys creeping around our house at all hours of the night. Now, I really don't like cats...one because they're sneaky, and two, because I'm SEVERELY allergic to them. This evening, I was looking out our back window, and there he is...Spot, perched on the corner of our fence. I hollered for Preston to come look, and he thought it was hilarious. He told me he was going to go out and feed him, which didn't go over so well :) He also told me that it looked like we were going to have a new pet cat. OVER. MY. DEAD. BODY. Hopefully Spot will find a good home soon...he will go work his cat-like charm on some little girl who will take him home and love him forever. At least, that's what I'd like to think will happen. Or maybe he'll hang out here until we move...and the next owners will love him to pieces.
Oh, and the other pictures? Well, Preston and I have four hanging baskets on our side porch which I enjoy planting different flowers in every summer. I spend a lot of time on these hanging baskets...buying just the right things to go in them...watering them...etc. etc. etc. And without fail, EVERY SINGLE YEAR there winds up being a turtle dove that makes her home in one of these baskets, in turn killing my flowers. Ugghhh. I noticed this bird on Thursday, and when I looked up into the basket, she had already made her nest and laid three little eggs! I know what I could do...just dig the nest out and destroy the eggs, saving my precious flowers. I know I said I don't like animals, but I just cant bring myself to do it...and I couldn't last year, or the year before. I was thinking about possibly transplanting the nest elsewhere, but then I'm afraid that Momma Bird wont be able to find her babies, and then I get really sad.
What to do!?!?

No comments: