Sunday, June 14, 2009

Back To Normal...






Friday was the last day of VBS at church...
While I'm glad to be getting back into our routine, I'll miss seeing all the little ones every morning and letting Sawyer be able to play with all her friends. The week actually went better than I had anticipated. When you have a room FULL of one and two year olds for an extended amount of time, its hard to know exactly what to expect. They did so well! As you can tell in the above picture, Sawyer was worn out from playing so hard. This is what she looked like pretty much every day on the drive home from VBS. On this particular day, she was eating a rice cake, and she fell asleep mid-bite! I thought it was funny, until I thought that she might get chocked on the piece of rice cake she had sitting in her mouth. I then decided I should to pull over and take it out before driving any further. She didn't even wake up when I dug it out, poor thing.
I was thinking since I was in the nursery with Sawyer during VBS it would get her more used to being in there, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. She didn't do well today at all. Actually, she only made it about 15 minutes before they called us to come and get her. Beth (our preschool director) said that if she would have been there she wouldn't have had them call me, but oh well. Maybe next week she'll do better. I have to keep telling myself that, or else I would just give up on taking her altogether :) I'm seriously going to commit to praying about this EVERY SINGLE DAY, because right now, I'm at a total loss for what to do. I could probably go on about this for hours, but I won't tonight.
On a better note, I'm praising the Lord that Sawyer has been responding very well to discipline lately. There are definitely those days when I feel like all I do is discipline her, but there are also just as many days when she does so good. I'm always trying to remind myself that persistence is key, and that if I allow her to behave a certain way that I'm really not doing myself (or her) any favors in the long run. Ever since she was old enough to need discipline, I have prayed that God would give me wisdom and discernment in that area. Do I ever mess up? Absolutely. But I know I'm on the right track, and I'm thankful that God is there leading and directing me on how to parent Sawyer in a way that's pleasing to Him.
She was so precious tonight. Just a joy to be around. I was just sitting there watching her laugh and play...thanking God for her, and thinking to myself that I was so incredibly blessed just to be her mother. She really is such a sweet little girl.
In other news, our garage sale went really well on Saturday! I did better than I expected, and I was so happy to get rid of some of my "junk" that was piling up in our basement. What was even better was being able to sit and spend some time with my friends! Jordan stopped by to see us for a little while...Carey brought Jack and Karis over, and Leah brought Kendall, so all the kids had fun running around playing together. We blew up the bouncer for a while, and let them splash around in the water which kept them entertained for a while, but I think the biggest hit were the hot pink shoes that Leah brought to try and sell. The kids couldn't get enough of them...especially Jack. I think at one point they all had them on, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Kendall in them. It was too funny...they looked so cute (see above pictures.) I did buy one thing that another lady was selling at the garage sale (there were 6 of us total.) It's a little step stool, and I think it'll be perfect for Sawyer to stand on while she's brushing her teeth or washing her hands in the sink. I'm planning on refinishing it, so I'll post later on that little project.
Tomorrow, we have no plans...which sounds great to me. The only think I have on my agenda is going to Target with Sawyer. We're also going to grab some stuff to send in our care package for Sunday School. Our class is sending several care packages to the soldiers overseas...neat idea, huh? I'm also very excited because my husband and I have a hot date (ha ha ha) planned for Saturday! Its long overdue, and I'm anxious to use our Cheesecake Factory gift certificate (thank you, Leah!) Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Thanks again for letting us join you. We had such a good time. Jack asked about "Sawyah" all the way to church tonight. I'll have to hide those pictures from Danny or my boy will be needing some new shoes and a haircut before I'm ready!!!