Saturday, June 27, 2009

Birthday Party Fun...












Last night, Sawyer and I got to go to a birthday party for two of her little friends at church, Jack and Nathan! I told her we were going to be going to a birthday party on Wednesday, and she didn't stop talking about it for the next two days. I mean, she was BEYOND excited! She would bring it up at the most random times and say, "I'm goin' to "birday" party for Jack! YEEEYYY!!!" followed by lots of hand clapping.
All the kids had such a good time! It was pretty hot outside, so they had a little pool and sprinkler set up for the kids to play in, which of course they loved. Sawyer's a little daredevil, but she still wanted to have me hold her hand while she went down the slide into the pool. The party was an "airplane" them, so there were little planes, and white clouds (white balloon) hanging everywhere. They also had signs up that said things like, "ARRIVALS," "BAGGAGE CLAIM," and "CONTROL TOWER." So cute! The kids even got to enjoy a cake shaped like an airplane! Unfortunately Sawyer and I had to leave a little bit earlier than I would have liked because we had to be up really early this morning.
Julia took our pictures today! It was hotter than I thought it was going to be at 7:30 this morning, so I was melting and my hair was kinking up by the second. I think she got some really good shots though. I was mainly doing these pictures for Sawyer, so as long as hers turn out okay we're good. She looked super sweet this morning. We brought a long a HUGE (almost the size of her face) sucker for the end of the photo shoot because I thought it would look cute in some of the pictures, plus it would keep her happy. However, she saw it almost as soon as we got there so in several of the pictures she has it! Julia also said that she'd looked at some of my pictures I'd taken, and she thought they were really good...to me, that was like hearing Picasso say he liked my painting, so that was encouraging!
Tonight, we're grilling out some barbecue chicken...yum. We just got up from a nice long nap, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of energy later tonight to get the house ready for Open House tomorrow!
I think I said before that I've been asked to take the pictures at a shower I'll be going to tomorrow afternoon...so wish me luck! Hope Everyone has a Happy Sunday (including Sawyer, in the nursery) ha ha ha.

No comments: