Friday, June 26, 2009

Lost and Found...

Yesterday, Dad treated Sawyer and I to a late lunch at Jason's Deli. Sawyer greatly enjoyed her chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream, as always! After that we went over to Mom and Dad's and Sawyer watched a few minutes of Ice Age before deciding she wanted to have a dance party in the basement. Her new favorite thing is to go down in Mom and Dad's basement and BLAIR the music (which just so happens to be the "Do You Wanna Funk" disco song...she absolutely loves that song, which is funny in and of itself) while running around dancing like a wild child. She could do this for hours. It is HILARIOUS...really, you should see some of her moves. Ive got to remember to bring my video camera next time.
After we got home later that evening, Preston offered to watch Sawyer while I went to get a pedicure. Mom and Dad got me a gift certificate for Mother's day, and I hadn't used it yet, so I figured since we were getting pictures taken Saturday morning I might as well get them done...you know, just in case my toes happened to be in any of the shots! I ended up also going to get my eyebrows waxed afterwards...it had been way too long. While I was gone, Preston and Sawyer made a trip to Lowe's to buy a new hedge trimmer because our bushes were getting out of control.
When Sawyer went to bed we went outside and trimmed up almost all of the bushes before it got dark, and I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself. I think we'll finish them up tonight.
Anyhow, so this morning, everything was going as usual around here until Sawyer starts asking me for "Crazy Bunny." Crazy Bunny is this little stuffed bear with these rabbit ears that Sawyer got from someone as part of a gift when she was born. For the past 6 months, her and her beloved Crazy Bunny have been inseparable...she likes to take him just about everywhere. So, I go searching for Crazy Bunny in her bed, then our bed (she slept with us half the night because she woke up and was scared of the "punder" (thunder) she heard outside), then the car, the basement...but he's nowhere to be found. She looks like she's about to cry. Then, I remembered the last place I saw her with Crazy Bunny. Jason's Deli, yesterday afternoon. I get on the phone, thinking here's no way in the world its going to be there, but sure enough...it was! Yey!!! I'm planning on picking up Crazy after nap time.
Later today, Sawyer and I are going to a birthday party, which she hasn't stopped talking about since the Wednesday...she's even memorized the Happy Birthday Song! Tomorrow morning, we're going to meet Julia (the photographer who did our wedding) at Papa John's headquarters to get our family pictures taken, and then the rest of Saturday we will spend relaxing! Sunday afternoon, Mom and I are going to a friends baby shower, we're Ive been asked to take pictures...I just hope its not too hot!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: