Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happenings in Our Household...

Its been another fun, yet busy weekend here at the Petersen house!
Saturday, we went over to Evan and Leah's house for a cookout. Everyone from our small group (from church) came, and we had a fun evening enjoying each others company. That same day, they had gotten Kendall a new play set (it was awesome,) so all the kids enjoyed playing on that as well as swimming in their little pool! As soon as we got there, I realized I'd forgotten something...my camera! I so This morning we went to church, and then Mom and Dad kept Sawyer this afternoon so Preston and I could have an Open House. As I'm trying this, he's showing the house to a really nice couple! We'll see if anyone else shows up...
Sawyer is still having some "issues" in the church nursery. Everyone has told me that the more she's in there, the more she will get used to it. However...that doesn't seem to be the case at all. There have been a few times that she's been and she's done better (when I say better, I mean not spending the entire time bawling,) but today was not god at all. Honestly, I'm getting kind of frustrated with the whole thing, and I'm feeling like I just want to give up. I know...not the answer. That's just the way I feel. Its discouraging when almost every Sunday morning I'm dreading going, because I know she's having such a hard time. And really, its more that I know the people working in the nursery are having a hard time dealing with her crying the whole time. Its not like we have skipped several Sundays, so she's just not used to being in there...we've been going every week. And every week she cries almost the entire time. Normally, Sawyer isn't really a whiny, cry-all-the-time type of child. She's happy,funny, and loves to run around and be silly. I know she's really attached because I'm home with her every day...but there are other children in the same situation that don't have "breakdowns" every time they're in the nursery. I just don't understand...please pray for me. Seriously.
Tomorrow is the start of VBS, which I'm helping with. I'll be working in the Nursery (Sawyer will be coming with me,) so I'm hoping that goes well. It runs every day from 8-1, so I'm a little anxious about the time aspect. Sawyer usually eats lunch around 11:30, and then takes her nap from 12-2ish, so that will throw us off a bit. I'm sure it'll be okay. I'm hoping there will be a lots of "visitors" that come, because I'm sure all the kids are going to be having lots of fun learning about God!
Preston is still loving his new job. We talk (almost daily) about what a blessing this job has been to our family. It has provided us with so much more opportunity to spend time together, especially on the weekends. We're so thankful.

No comments: