Monday, June 15, 2009

Sweet Bird...

As many of you know, we have been having issues with a bird who has decided to make her home in one of our hanging baskets, in turn killing our flowers...if you have no idea what I'm talking about you'll need to see previous posts.
This story is too funny not to share. Last night Preston and I were lying in bed talking, and our conversation went like this:

Preston: Well, I think our flowers are just about to die from that bird. It actually makes me kind of mad.

Me: Yeah, I know. What are you going to do about it?

Preston: Nothing, I guess.

Me: Are you serious? Why don't you just make her leave?

Preston: How?

Long silence

Me: You know, just get rid of the nest, and she'll go somewhere else.

Preston: WHAT!?! No way...are you kidding me!?! (He says this like Im asking him to murder someone) I cant' do that!

Me: They're just eggs...(I'm telling him to do this, knowing that I would never be able to do it myself) its not like you're throwing out the baby birds.

Preston: There's still a life inside those eggs...no...I cant do it.

Me: You re talking about it like its a child. They're just birds.

Preston: No, I can't do it. Not to a sweet bird.

Me: Sweet Bird? Whats a sweet bird?

Preston: I mean, if it was a nasty crow, or maybe even a blue jay I maybe could do it. But not to a turtle dove, or even a robin...those are sweet birds.

With that, I turned over and started laughing hysterically, because my "man's man" husband just used the term "sweet bird."

He's so precious...I love him.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my goodness...I'm laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face. Hilarious.

Have you ever noticed how random conversations get right before bedtime??? We call it the night crazies around here!!! :)

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.