Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Second Blog.....

Well, it's late and I haven't blogged in some time so I figured my wife blogs about me and our little girl so much, that I need to blog about them some.

The reason for this particular entry is due to the fact that I have the BEST wife in all the world. She is perfect for me. The one thing that is hard though, is to NOT take her for granted sometimes. Every day she does so many things that I do and don't see, that make our family run smoothly and without fail. Sometimes when things are so easy and they "just happen", you forgot that somewhere, someone has made sacrifices and worked hard to get it to be that way. Within our family, that someone is my wife, Erica. Lately, it has been me forgetting that without my wife, 100 percent of what goes on around here would never get completed without her focusing day in and day out on all that she has to accomplish. I am not sure why it is so hard for me to keep her hard work and dedication at the forefront of my mind, but sometimes I just screw up. The only reason I say all this, is to point to Jesus Christ. He has created me, forgiven me, and freed me from the bondage of sin. He also is working in me to be a better husband, but sometimes the flesh messes up, saying and doing things that are not Christ-like, and seeming to be only for selfishness sake. My wife has helped me through the roughest and best of times, but without Christ, I would not be able to look at her and say "will you forgive me"? I hope that she knows that I love her more than any other person on this planet, and that she is the only person for me, because God created her with me in mind.

So, I say all that to say this: I love Erica. I love her with all of my being. I love her in a way that few people ever experience, and whats better, she loves me in a way that only God our father could dream up. I am eternally grateful to her for hard work and sacrifice, and for her willingness to do whatever it takes for our family to succeed. She is the glue that binds us together as a family,and did I mention she is an awesome mom. Sawyer loves her mom so much that sometimes it amazes me. I never knew that a nineteen month old could love someone that much, but I remember, that it is my wife who has nurtured that relationship to this point.

My wife and daughter are both the best things that God has given me, second only to my salvation. I just pray that one day, I can be to my wife, all that she is to me, and that I can show her the most awesome love she has shown me: a love without fail.

Erica, I love you, always and forever.

No comments: