Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Big Imagination...





So, its completely true when they say that you could buy your child the most expensive toy ever, but they'll probably still just want to play with a piece of Tupperware! Children have such big imaginations, and I learned this first hand when I gave my daughter the empty box our new printer came in. She smiled so big you would have thought I gave her a million dollars...and then she proceeded to play with it for what seemed like at least an hour! I mean, it was like the best toy I'd ever given her. So far, she has called it her "horse," "tub," "bed" and "boat." Who knew a cardboard box was so functional! We gave her the "beloved box" 4 days ago, and it's still sitting right next to her toy bin in our living room...we can't bear to part with it yet...it's just too much fun.
Our church's Women's Conference was AMAZING! I was so glad I was able to go, and it was SUCH a blessing to be around so many SWEET, GODLY WOMEN. It just makes me really happy, thankful, and proud to be a part of a church has those kind of women. Heather Payne (former member of the christian group Point of Grace...she just retired from the group this year) is a member of our church, and she lead much of the conference. She did a beautiful job speaking, and especially singing! Heather has SUCH an incredible voice, and if you've never heard of Point of Grace (I'd be surprised) you've got to give them a listen. They're awesome! We had a wonderful time meeting new people, getting to talk with friends, learning, eating, laughing, and fellow shipping with each other. Probably one of the neatest things I heard about at the conference was that our preschool program is going to be having "preschool play dates," throughout the summer once or twice a month. They will be having days at the zoo, picnic lunches at the park, water play days, and inflatable bouncer days at the church! I'm really excited to be able to take Sawyer, and that she's old enough to join in on the fun! I also signed up for a Thursday morning women's bible study, so Im really looking forward to that. Im not looking forward to dropping Sawyer off in the nursary for that, but even though she has such a hard time, I know it's good for her...and me.
You're probably wondering about the random picture of the bag. I was looking for a new diaper bag for Sawyer, and I found this one at TJ MAXX (not in the diaper-bag section,) but I loved it because it had TONS of room for all of her stuff! Then, I decided I wanted to monogram it with her initials, so with mom's help we did it ourselves! I think it turned out pretty cute!
Well, Im off to bed. I had to get up super-early this morning, and will be doing the same tomorrow, so I need some sleep! I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

1 comment:

The Burts said...

I love your bag! You did such a good job, you little crafty thing. I'm glad you had fun at your conference too, those things really give you a spiritual boost. Love you, Petersens!