Friday, March 20, 2009

Hot Browns and Bread Pudding...













Wednesday, Mom treated Sawyer and I to lunch at a place called the Bluegrass Bistro. It's actually in the basement of the Derby City Antique Museum, and what a neat little place it is! It's very quaint, only about 20 or so tables, and the menu is pretty small...but oh my, was it ever DELICIOUS! I actually decided to try one of their specialties...The Hot Brown. Supposedly, you aren't supposed to be allowed to call yourself a true Kentuckian until you've had one, and although Ive lived here my whole life, I had yet to try one. It was so yummy! Now, I will say that it's not exactly the healthiest things Ive ever had...Okay...so, I could almost feel my arteries clogging with each bite I took. But it's one of those things you just have to try at least once (followed by about 4 hours on the treadmill!) Although I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, I never order dessert when we go to restaurants, but Mom insisted! So we split another one of their "house specialties," the Bourbon Pecan Bread Pudding. This almost put me into comatose. I could go on and on about how WONDERFUL everything was, but you'll just have to go their sometime and see for yourself!
After we ate, we wandered around the Antique Museum for a while, and Sawyer really enjoyed looking at (ad experimenting with) some of the "old time" toys. There was so much too see, and they had some really neat stuff! I know antique browsing probably isn't for most people, but we had a really good time...I told Mom I could have stayed and looked for hours!
Tonight, I am going to a Women's Conference at Church, so I'm super excited about that. It will continue tomorrow from 8-3, so Sawyer will be spending the day with her Daddy! Who knows what kind of adventure they might go on...I'll have to post later about some of the things they've already done on their little "father/daughter" days! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and you're able to spend some time with the people you love! I'll leave you with a picture of my sweet Sawyer-Bug...I played with it for just a second on Photoshop.

No comments: