Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lately...






I feel like we've been so busy the past couple of weeks, but mainly just doing every day type of things. Preston started his NEW job this past Monday, and he's loving it! The new schedule is wonderful, and it feels so good having him home with us every evening!
Sawyer has been busy being her sweet and funny self. I'll tell you what though, sometimes she can turn from sweet to "sour" in the blink of an eye...ha ha ha. I know that her little tantrums, while most often few and far between, are all apart of her being a toddler, and wanting to "test the waters" and learn how things work around her. But I cant deny, there are also some simply because she wants her way! I am trying to learn how to pick my battles, not to sweat the small stuff, and make Sawyer aware that my will is stringer than hers. I want to help her understand that my love for her is unconditional, that she can always trust me, but also to know that I will follow through with what I say Im going to do...whether that be with punishment or reward. Im praying DAILY that God would give me wisdom and discernment in raising, loving, and disciplining her. Being a parent of a toddler is tough sometimes, so Im still learning just as much as she is. One thing I do know without a doubt...she is such a joy, and Im so grateful to have her for my daughter. My heart is filled with so much love for this little girl that words cannot even begin to describe.
I often get caught in the trap of trying to do everything PERFECT...but then I remember that Im only human, and that we need help...from THE ONE who knows us best, Our Heavenly Father. If I ever have done, or will do anything right as far as parenting goes...Its all because of Him! I hope that over time he will continue to shape and mold my life, and my heart, so that I'll be able to become more like the Proverbs 31wife/mother!

Her children rise up and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
and let her works praise her in the gates.
Proverbs 31:28-31

On another note...today was much warmer than it has been these past few weeks! SPRING IS ALMOST HERE! I took Sawyer to the park today, and we had so much fun that we ended up staying there for almost 2 hours! She really wore herself out...and I got some neat pictures. Speaking of pictures...My Photography class is going really well. I'm a little overwhelmed with everything I still have to learn, but I enjoy trying all kinds of new things with my camera!
Tomorrow is the start of the weekend...Preston's first weekend off with us, so we are pretty excited about that! And another bonus: We are supposed to be having some more beautiful weather! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: