Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Little Dirt Devil...






It's no secret that I LOVE putting Sawyer is frilly dresses, big hair bows, bracelets (when she doesn't decide to rip them off,) and all other things GIRLY! But, I admit that I also LOVE letting her play outside and get really good and and dirty every once in a while. I have mentioned before that lately, our weather here has been beautiful, and yesterday was no exception. I took Sawyer to the park to play, and then when Preston came home from work we took her outside again to play for about another hour or so. Actually, I served dinner (complete with sweet tea to drink, of course) on our porch last night, and Preston and I just watched Sawyer play in the yard...it was GREAT.
Sawyer has recently re-discovered her love of playing in the dirt the past couple of days. We really had nowhere to go, so I just let her dig away! I was slightly regretting that while I was scrubbing the fire out of her fingernails during bath time, but she didn't seem to mind. She has way too much fun exploring outside for me to stop her any time soon. It's true when they say that having a child often brings out the child in you all over again. She is intrigued and entertained by the simplest things, everything is new and fresh to her. It's just precious to watch her learn, and and I have a lot of fun exploring and re-learning right along with her...my sweet little dirt devil.

No comments: