Friday, March 27, 2009

Cant Believe I Forgot to Mention This....

I can't believe I forgot to tell you this in my post earlier...
Today, I had to pull another "mission impossible" stunt. It's true, I locked myself (along with Sawyer) out of our home once again. I tend to think I'm not at all a forgetful or "scatterbrained" person, so I don't know how this keeps happening to me! My theory: I think when you have a child you lose a small portion of your brain. I'm my case, it was the part that helped me to remember the small things, like for instance, my house key. I had taken it off my key ring yesterday, and so when I left the house today then came back home to get in, I was locked out, because I'd forgotten to put it back on last night.
I discovered we were locked out 10 minutes before Sawyer's nap time, so this of course made me freak out even more...I'm all about keeping schedule. But what really did it for me, was that there was NO ONE who had a spare key! So I'm running around my house to all the doors like a mad woman, and Sawyer is patiently standing on the side porch eating away at her pretzels. I'm praying OUT LOUD, "Please, give me a way in, Lord! PLEASE don't let this happen today!"
The previous time we had locked ourselves out we had to break open a basement window to get in, which was very messy business. I seriously would have broken it again, but I didn't have a key to our shed either, so I had NO WAY of using something to bust it open. So, I started barely pushing on the edge of the window, and all of a sudden, it just popped open! Now, I just had to climb through, which, guys...I'll admit, It wasn't a pretty sight. At least I didn't have to replace yet another window! All is well...but Preston will still have to put that window back up when he gets home later!

No comments: