Friday, March 27, 2009

Lots of things to tell...





Yesterday was the BIG day...Preston and I officially put our home on the market! My sweet family came over AGAIN to help us finish some small projects we needed to get done before we put it up for sale. We got all the outside doors re-painted, and the basement is clean and in order (thank you Mamaw, for slaving away down there for so long! And of course for making time to take a break and play with Sawyer in her bouncy for a while!) There are still a few things left to do, but nothing huge. We're excited to see what happens...and if nothing happens, well, that's okay too. We put our sign in the yard last night, and of course Sawyer wanted to get in on the action, while wearing her "Elton John" glasses (as you can see in the picture...I'll never know why she likes walking around wearing those things.) She just wanted to be a big girl and walk around holding it! She's quite independent these days...well, except when goes to church nursery. However, HOPE is on the horizon! Yesterday, I began my women's Thursday morning bible study at church, and I was getting really anxious because I knew I would be leaving Sawyer in the nursery for TWO HOURS. Normally, I would have just not signed up for something like that because I'd have to leave her, but I knew I needed be there, so I decided (with much encouragement from other women) that I wasn't going to let her "nursery meltdowns" hinder me from being where I should be. The days leading up to Thursday I prayed so hard that she would be okay, and if God wanted me to be there that He would make it alright for Sawyer. So, Thursday morning rolls around and when we walk in church she starts crying, like she does every Sunday morning for the past 3 weeks, because she knows whats coming next. I told her calmly that I was coming back to get her in just a little while, gave her a kiss, and then quickly handed her over to the nursery worker. When I was walking down the hall to class, I could still hear her screaming, so I was just waiting all through the study for them to come and get me because she was so out of control.
But you know what happened? Nothing. She did great! After class was over I went to get her, and when I peeked in her room she was sitting there at a tiny little table with about 8 other children having a snack! The workers said she did "tremendous!" They told me it only took her about 10 minutes to calm down, and then she played the rest of the time! Praise the LORD! God answered my prayers, and I left church feeling so thankful, encouraged..and of course proud of my Sawyer-girl!
Tonight, Preston and I are planning on going to a small get-together at a couple's house from our new Sunday school class. We'll be having dinner there, and then the girls are all going to a kids consignment sale while the men stay home and watch the kids for a little while. Hopefully there will no no major catastrophes! I made chocolate covered strawberries to bring, and they turned out yummy. Preston actually helped me make them last night...he's a wonderful assistant chef!
Lastly, I had posted a few days ago my dread over Sawyer's shots she was going to get at her well check-up with the pediatrician. It turned out she only had to get one shot, which was bad, but not horrible. She was such a little trooper. The visit mainly consisted of them checking her cognitive skills, asking her to do certain tasks. Later that day she kept saying her leg hurt, and she was limping around a little, which was pitiful, but overall it went well! Okay, so I'm not big on bragging about my kid, because honestly, I don't like it when other people do it, but I have to say this one thing...Her doctor said that she was "significantly advanced" for her age. She said she couldn't believe how articulate she was...and of course, those things make EVERY parent as proud as a peacock!
This must be the longest post in the history of blogs, so I'm going to go now. I have so much to do in the next few hours! I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

No comments: