Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Series of Unfortunate Events...

Well, the week is only half over, but it has been eventful to say the least....
The day before yesterday Preston discovered we had a leak in our basement coming from the upstairs bathroom. Apparently our fairly new shower needed to be re-sealed, which puts the bathtub/shower out of comission for 48 hours. Since thats the only bathroom we have, and since Preston, Sawyer and I all enjoy bathing, (ha ha ha) we decided to stay a couple nights at Mom and Dads (were bathrooms are plentyful.)Preston had already completed the first part of the re-sealing process, so we headed over to my parents house to spend the rest of the evening. We all had a great time together...Mom made BLT's for dinner and we played CLUE, which was pretty funny because we messed the game up BOTH times we played...hey, it had been a while!
Anyhow, this morning I was headed down the road with Sawyer to go meet Mom, and out of the left corner of my eye I see another car flying toward me. I could see that by the speed he was going that he didn't plan on stopping, so I tried to speed up a bit and swerve to the right....didn't help. The other car still hit me - hard. Praise the Lord, no one was seriously hurt, especially Sawyer. I guess the guy (who unfortunately spoke no english) just wasn't paying attention or didnt see me. Preston was actually behind me when the accident happened, so he stayed with SawBug and I while the police came. He had been headed to our house to work on the bathroom before he went to work, so by the time everything was over it was too late to go. Looks like we'll be at Mom and Dad's an extra day....

No comments: