Friday, January 2, 2009

Every once in a while...







"For You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-14
I love everything about my little girl...I love her unique personality, her beautiful little face, her wonderful sense of humor...and yes...all her "quirks." Every day is a new adventure, every discovery she makes is exciting, and being with her makes me realize the most simple things in life are most often the best things. But I cant deny it...every once in a while I think back to that precious little newborn I held in my arms for the first time, and I miss it. I'm sure everyone feels this way from time to time, and there's no way I'd every turn back time, because I love this fun stage she's in so much more...but still.
In many ways the day Sawyer was born feels like such a long time ago. But in many ways it still feels like just yesterday. I can remember our trip to the hospital...feeling a million different emotions...excited, nervous, anxious...in disbelief that this day was finally here! The day that felt like it would never arrive was NOW. It was time to meet our little girl. When I heard her cry for the first time I cried myself...it was pure joy. Seeing her sweet face was surreal...it was like I already knew her so well, but at the same time it was also as if I was meeting a new stranger for the very first time-a stranger who I was already head over hills in love with.

Sawyer was such a good baby. During our four day hospital stay I can only remember her crying twice, and I wanted to look at her...study her... hold her ALL day. Preston and I were so thankful for her...we were overwhelmed with the feeling of being so blessed.

Today, well, we still feel the same about her. I still find myself peeking in on her while she's sleeping from time to time...just to watch her. Every chance I get I thank God for giving me such a wonderful gift, for allowing me to be her mother. What an amazing responsibility! I will never have a higher calling (other than being Preston's wife) than raising Sawyer. Every time we see a precious newborn we should be reminded how much our Father loves us...how He make NO mistakes...how we are TRULY "fearfully and wonderfully" made!

No comments: