Friday, January 2, 2009

Its Been Awhile....
















Okay...so I've neglected our blog for a little while. But now that things have settled down a bit, I decided to post an update!
The past few weeks seem like they were just a whirlwind, and I can hardly believe its ALREADY 2009! Preston and I celebrated New Years by going to a get together with our Sunday School class...it was a lot of fun-playing games, eating tasty food, and visiting with everyone. Preston and I actually left before midnight (because it seems we're too old to stay up that late anymore,) but nevertheless, it was fun!

I'm sure everyone has noticed the weather the past week or so has been a little out of the ordinary for December in Louisville...and I was actually pretty excited about the few warmer days we had, because it gave me an opportunity to spend some time outside with Sawyer! Anyone that knows Sawyer understand why this would be so great....Ive never seen another child love being outside as much as her! She so enjoys being able to run, jump, play and most of all explore! Mom and I took her out in our back yard the first "warm" day an let her play in the dirt...it was messy, and after that her clothes were DONE, but it was SOOO worth it...she had a blast! Then Preston and I got to take her out two more days last week and play ball and run around. Sawyer had a great time...and I got the opportunity to take some neat pictures! I hope you enjoy them!

On a final note....
About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I had a particularly rough couple of days. Things just weren't going my way, and It seemed I was constantly disciplining Sawyer. Nothing I was doing was working the way I thought it would, or rather I should say AS SOON as I thought it would. I was losing my patience, frustrated, and feeling pretty sorry for myself. One night after my second "bad day," I was doing my devotional, and it took me to this bible verse....

"But He said to me,"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
I literally just sat there and cried. It was exactly what I needed to hear, and after I did some soul searching and praying it was like a weight was immediately lifted. My Heavenly Father knew just what I needed, and He came to comfort me. Praise the Lord, that as children of God, though we aren't promised things will always be easy...we have HOPE! We have a friend in Christ, someone who we can always turn to...someone who has ALL the answers! I was just really encouraged by this verse, and since it really applies to everyone, I hope you might find some encouragement through it as well!
This weekend is sure to be busy and a lot of fun...we have our first wedding of 2009 to attend tomorrow night, and Sunday we have a day full of church/family stuff...Hopefully my husband will be home soon, so bye for now :)

No comments: