Monday, January 5, 2009

My Undying Love For Her....


Well, this is the first blog I (Preston) have done. I think it is fitting if I start by telling you how awesome and wonderful my wife is. All I can say is "WOW"!!! She never ceases to amaze me with her diligence, hard work, beauty, but most of all, her love for our heavenly father. She has given me the two best gifts you can recieve, second only to our salvation in christ: her love and my daughter. We are not promised tomorrow, which is why I have come to realize that I need to, and do, cherish every moment with her. She is a light in this world that is so dark. She is the salt that Jesus talks of in Matthew Chapter 5, the salt that changes and strengthens and makes a difference.

And what a difference maker she is. She has made the type of difference in my life that changes a person, make me want to be a better man type of difference. I love her for her persistance and her compassion. She is always thinking of others, and how to make my life easier. She is the best mom I know. When I come home from work and Sawyer can say six or seven new words, I now it is because my wife has spent hours playing and carrying on with that little bug. I know that when I come home, have clean sheets to lay on, the house is clean, clothes washed and dinner ready, it is all because she loves and cares for me. She has taken on the hardest job in the world, a stay at home mom and wife. I applaud her for that because it is a job that I don't know if I could do. And even if I could, she is always smiling, never a complaint.

I love her for her jokes and laughter, how she makes me feel lighter when it has been a rough day. She is always on my side. She is a partner that no matter what happens, will be by my side, helping me to the finish. I love her so much, and I know that I can never repay her for what she has done for me.

Two things I know for sure: I know she is the Proverbs 31 wife. I also know only because of our lord and saviour Jesus Christ my love for her will never fade....as time goes on our Lord makes the flame grow stronger and stronger. Amen.

I love you Ree!!!

No comments: