Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...











I can still remember the day I went in for my ultrasound to find out what we were having...I'd been (not so patiently) waiting for this day for weeks. When she got started, the technician told me the baby was sitting crossed-legged, and that she'd try and get him/her to move by the end of the ultrasound so we could see what it was. Preston and I both thought it was a boy...and we were so sure we'd already decided to name him Peirce. Dad thought it was a boy too. Actually, just about everyone we knew had their bet on a boy. Except mom. She said it was going to be a girl from the very beginning, and as it turned out, she was right...as always. When they told us it was a girl, I about died right on that table there from sheer, out of control excitement. Don't get me wrong. If it would have been a boy, I'm sure we would have been every bit as excited.
But it wasn't...it was a girl. Our Sawyer-girl. And the funny thing is, when I found out...these are just the sorts of images that flashed through my mind that day. I always loved playing dress up...I think most little girls do, and now she loves it too. Little girls are just so sweet.
Oh, and in case you were wondering about her "dress"...
I'll admit it...Yes, that is one of my old pieces of lingerie! Needless to say, I haven't broken that out since...hmmm...maybe our honeymoon. I know, a little sad. But when you become a mommy isn't that what happens to all of the lingerie you don't wear anymore? I think they're perfect for playing dress up! When Preston saw her in it, he thought it was just hilarious. Every time Sawyer puts it on, she says, "Ooohhh..I'm a lady!" How funny. I'm loving this age.

2 comments:

The Burts said...

That is so cute! Sawyer is a little lady : )

Adam Holly Grace said...

These are the BEST times! I LOVE girls too! Sawyer is so cute!!