Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dad's Birthday...









Dad's birthday was Monday, but we decided to celebrate it on Sunday so everyone could be there. We went to Mom and Dad's house, where mom made dad's all-time favorite meal: Chili-dogs and home-made German chocolate cake. I know...delicious and nutritious! After we ate, dad opened his gifts, and even did a little modeling for us with the new shirts he got. Preston and I got him an ipod, because he's been talking about one forever, and it made me happy when he called today and told me he was on his way home to download some more songs to listen to! I just love getting people the "right gift," you know, something they're really been wanting.
As you can see from the pictures, the highlight for Sawyer was (of course) singing happy birthday and blowing out the birthday cake candles...dad let her help. I honestly don't know of another child that loves birthday's more than her. She talks about them at least once a day.
We were glad to celebrate with you dad, and happy birthday again! We love you bunches!

1 comment:

The Yates' said...

Oh my word that cake looks great... I love german chocolate cake!