Thursday, September 3, 2009

Apples, and Peaches, and Ducks...Oh My!






















A few days ago, Sawyer, Mom and I ventured out to Huber's Orchard to pick some peaches and apples! The weather was perfect, and since it was a weekday we knew it wouldn't be crowded.
When we got there, Sawyer ran as fast as she could to see all the ducks. There were so many of them, and let me say, they are not shy! Personally, I'm not much of an animal lover, so I would prefer to keep my distance, but for the sake of Sawyer's curiosity, we took a look at them...up close and personal (as you can see from the pictures.)
After visiting with the ducks, we got on the big wagon (probably the highlight of Sawyer's day) and headed out to the apple/peach orchards to pick some fruit. Mom said she took me to pick apples there when I was little, but I don't remember, so it felt like a first for me. The apples and peaches were delicious...the worker driving the wagon said we could eat one if we wanted while we were out there, so we got to taste-test as we picked!
After we got a few things from the market, we headed back home. Sawyer was asleep before we got to the highway...she had a big day! We already cant wait to go back and see all the pumpkins and mums in a month or so...gosh, I love that place.

No comments: