Saturday, September 5, 2009

Congratulations are in Order...



Last night, Mom and Dad came over and surprised us by talking Sawyer home with them so we could go out on a date! I hurried as fast as I could getting ready, and we made it out of the house by 8:15. We decided to have a late dinner at Havana Rumba (they serve authentic Cuban food,) because Preston's been dying to take me there for months. As it turns out, its the place to be on a Friday night! It was 8:30 when we got there, and we still had a half hour wait. Preston assured me it was worth it, and he was right. The atmosphere was great, and he food was delicious! We had originally planned on seeing a late movie after dinner, but we scratched that. Instead, we took our time eating dinner, and we even ordered dessert...Tres Leches...which was TO DIE FOR. Preston has requested to have that for his birthday this year instead of cake.
So, here's the best part of he night...
Right as we were eating dessert, I get a call from my friend Sara. She didn't really call me for anything in particular, and I guess she heard a lot of noise in the background, so she asked where we were. I told her, and we only spoke for about 2 minutes before we said goodbye. Well...not even 5 minutes later, Sara and her boyfriend Ross, walk up to us at our table and she flashes me the most beautiful diamond ring on her left hand! They're engaged! I think it was the culmination of the shock of seeing them there, and the engagement ring, but I was freaking out...seriously, people at the restaurant probably thought I was a nut. They sat and talked with us for about a half hour, and Sara asked me to be a bridesmaid. I was laughing because he had just proposed like an hour before they came, and wedding dates/venues/colors have already been discussed. Sara would tell you that's because this proposal has been a long time coming! They are planning on the wedding being next October, which I think is awesome, but I'm partial to October weddings anyway. It was so good seeing the two of them, they are both so excited, and so are we! Congratulations Ross and Sara!

1 comment:

The Burts said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations Sarah!