Friday, September 18, 2009

Back Yard Baby...









Alright, so she's not really a baby anymore, but still...I thought it sounded cute.
Anyhow...Yesterday morning, I did something I NEVER EVER do. I decided to forgo my usual household chores and go relax in the back yard with Sawyer. I was (am) sick with a horrible cold, which made the decision to not do housework a little easier, plus the weather was beautiful and it felt like we'd been inside the house too long.
We spread out a blanket to lay on...looked up at all the clouds...saw two planes pass by...explored for bugs, and threw ball. So relaxing, and so fun.
I don't know what it was, but I just really enjoyed being out there with her yesterday. I was sitting there watching her play and be silly, and I had one of those moments. Very surreal...almost like everything was in slow motion. I was just looking at her, taking snapshots with my mind...wanting to burn the images into my brain forever. In that moment, I wished so badly that I could freeze her in time, just for a little while.
I ran inside to get my camera. Because I know as time passes, and it becomes harder to even recall her being this age, these pictures will help me remember...and I'll smile and think back to what a fun, unique, and precious time in my life it was.

No comments: