Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snowed In...





I'm sure you've noticed our blog has been "silent" for a little bit. The big winter snow storm that came through put us at mom and dads for the past four days, as Preston and I (along with thousands of other people) were without power!
We came over to Mom and Dads house Tuesday night to watch American Idol, (I know, its a sick addiction) and when we went back home, we discovered we were without power...our house was already FREEZING. So, we packed up our things and headed back over. The next morning the phone started to ring. Mamaw and Papaw called, and they had no power and were on their way over. My friend Jordan called and they also had been "powerless" since early that morning. Her and her husband Josh have a 4 weeks old baby, so I told them they'd better come over to Mom and Dads soon...the snow and ice were still falling fast!
So, all ten of us spent the entire day together and we had a great time. We had plenty of food, and I'm so thankful that my parents were so willing to let everyone invade their home! By the end of the night, both Mamaw and Papaw, along with Jordan and Josh's power had been turned back on...mine and Preston's took a bit longer (it was turned on the night before last.)
I've discovered that being "snowed in" can have its advantages...You get to spend time with the people you love and catch up on all those things you don't get to talk about on a daily basis. You have an excuse to be a little lazy...and sometimes it's good to not have to run around doing errands all day.
Although the weather wasn't the greatest, it looked so beautiful outside. Everything was white...a real winter wonderland. I just had to get my coat (and Preston's big boots) on and go outside for a little while to take some pictures!

No comments: