Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Top 25...

Okay, so here's the deal...yesterday My Dad and I got started on a conversation about our favorite songs of all time. We went back and forth for a while, naming off songs we would put on our list, when I decided it would be absolutely impossible for me to do a top ten, but that I MAY be able to do a top 50! I know, that's a lot of favorites, but I LOVE MUSIC! Anyhow, a compromise would be a top 25, which is what Ive come up with...but let me tell you-it was HARD! I've been mulling this over since yesterday, so here they are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER...DRUM ROLL PLEASE...MY TOP 25 ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS! (let me warn you, this will likely be the most random list you've ever seen...so if it seems like a strange mix...well, IT IS!)

1. A Change is Gonna Come, By Sam Cooke
2. There is a River, sung by the Gather Vocal Band (this song is AMAZING...it moves me to tears...and if you've never heard it, you need to!
3.) Home, by Michael Buble
4.) Alone, by Heart
5.) Unchained Melody, by the Righteous Brothers (though I prefer the one by Elvis)
6.) At Last, by Etta James (Our Wedding song!)
7.) She's Got a Way, by Billy Joel
8.) Georgia, by Ray Charles
9.) Its So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday, by Boyz 11 Men
10.) How Could I Ask for More, by Cindy Morgan
11.) You Make My Dreams, by Hall and Oats (How can you not just bust out dancing when you hear this one?!)
12.) The Dance, by Garth Brooks
13.) Tiny Dancer, by Elton John
14.) Immortality, by Celine Dione and The Bee Gees
15.) Let's Get It On, by Marvin Gaye (C'mon! YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT TOO!!!)
16.) Im Movin On, by Rascall Flatts
17.) Kiss and Say Goodbye, by The Manhattan's (lovin that Barry White intro! ha ha ha...)
18.) Faithfully, by Journey (One word: CLASSIC!)
19.) Superstition, by Stevie Wonder
20.) When A Man Loves A Woman, by Percy Sledge (I dont care who you are...you like this one too)
21.) Me and You, by Kenny Chesney
22.) Crazy, by Patsy Cline (reminds me of my Mamaw every time I hear it)
23.) Let's Stay Together, by Al Greene (love love love love love it...)
24.) You are So Beautiful, by Joe Cocker (Mine and My Dad's song)
25.) Layla, by Eric Clapton

And there you have it ladies and Gentleman...if you haven't heard any of these, you need to make a visit YouTube and give em' a listen!!! Enjoy!

No comments: