Saturday, February 14, 2009

My "Funny Valentine"





My husband, who has to be the sweetest, most thoughtful man in the world surprised me this Valentines Day...
He arranged for my mom to watch Sayer while we went on a little two-day getaway! We left on Thursday around noon, and he took me up to Indianapolis to stay at one of the nicest hotels Ive ever visited...it was brand new and beautiful. If you ever happen to be in Indianapolis and you need a place to stay, go to the Marriott Renaissance! After we checked in, and I discovered a dozen gorgeous long stem red roses waiting in our room that he had delivered, I was told her get dressed up! He took me to an amazing restaurant with the best food Ive ever had in my life...no exaggeration! It was this place called Sullivan's, and I cant say enough good things about it. The service was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was amazing. Very romantic. After dinner we went to Keystone At The Crossing just to walk around for a little while...
The next day we had breakfast in our hotel room, got ready, and headed to the Edinburgh Outlet Mall. I can never turn down shopping. We found some really cute things for Sawyer, and just had a good time being with each other. Before driving home we ate at one of our other favorite restaurants for dinner.
What a fun, special time we had! It was so nice to get away from home, even just for a little while, and it was so sweet that he planned everything for us! I'll be sure to remember this Valentines Day for a long time...

No comments: