Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sawyer....18 Months






February 1st Sawyer turned 18 months old! I can hardly believe how fast the time has flown by, and I know with the blink of an eye she'll be turning 2. Our baby girl isn't much of a baby anymore! She now weighs 30 pounds and her height is 34 inches...she's pretty tall! She also has almost every single one of her teeth. Soon, we will introduce Sawyer to her "big girl" potty, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes! Sawyer has also learned how to use her fork and spoon while she's eating...although she sometimes still prefers using those little fingers! She has gone from saying just words by themselves to short 2 or 3 word sentences. Sawyer also is responding pretty well with instruction/discipline. Like every toddler, she definitely has her tantrums and bouts of "misbehavior," but for the most part, she obeys and is willing to follow simple directions when I give them to her. She amazes us everyday with how much she's learning ad growing...one thing is for sure, life isn't boring! There are so many new changes...its crazy! She makes me laugh all the time, and although she can certainly be a bit of a drama queen at times, I still can't imagine even one day without her.
Besides talking all the time, she still loves to dance! I always say she has some pretty sweet moves, so I'll have to post a video of her soon...you'll get a kick out of it too!
I found this sweet little poem and thought I'd share...It reminds me of Sawyer.

“What Is A Little Girl”

She's a bundle of sweetness,
brightness & fun
The beauty of springtime,
the warmth of the sun
She's Innocence covered with mud,
sand, & soot
She's Motherhood dragging
a doll by the foot...

She's a composite picture of
giggles & tears
Of tantrums, excitement,
amusement & fears
A bundle of mischief
and often a tease
A creature of moods
not easy to please...

Who'll capture your heart
with her pixie-like grin
Or chatter and beg till your
patience wears thin
But obedient, naughty,
mischievous or coy
She's Mom's little Darling &
Dad's Pride & Joy.

No comments: