Monday, February 16, 2009

Yet Another Reason to Be Thankful....

There's no way I could ever stop talking about how much God has blessed our family, and last week, He gave us yet another reason we have to be thankful. I'm sure many of you know that Preston had been looking into the possibility of taking on a new position with a new company for quite some time now. He actually started the interview process with this company last March, so almost a year ago. Several interviews took place from then to now, and several other things occurred during that time frame which ultimately kept Preston with the company he has been with for the last 4 years. We were so excited about this job prospective from the very beginning, and we still had hope that it may work out even though it had been such a long time from the first, second, and third interview. We waited, and then waited some more...still no answer.
As the months passed it became increasingly harder and harder to wait. By January of this year, I think we both basically had our minds made up that this just wasn't going to happen. Still, we continued to pray every single day that God would work things out with this job situation, and He would place Preston wherever He wanted him. I asked God to open the doors that needed to be opened, and close the ones that needed to be closed. I prayed that He would give us patience, and faith that He was going to do what was best for our family.
I must admit...learning patience is a HARD thing, especially for me, as I can be a bit of a "control freak." I want to plan, be ahead of the game, on top of everything, and "in the know." Waiting usually just isn't my thing...which made me the perfect person for God to teach a lesson on patience to!
Last week Preston got the phone call we'd been waiting and hoping for...for such a long time. He got the job...His first day with Gordon Food Service(or GFS for short)is March 2nd! When He called and told me, I was so happy, and so thankful I just cried. He will be working a NORMAL schedule, 8-5 Mon-Fri... be provided with a company car...wonderful health insurance...a bigger salary...tuition reimbursement...paid vacation...and the list goes on and on. And what's even more amazing; it's a faith based company that has a great reputation. Honestly, we couldn't ask for anything more. We are so excited for this new opportunity, and everything it means to our family. I hope I never forget everything God has taught me through this whole experience... that His plan is better than ours, patience always pays off, to have faith in things you cannot see, and that God always knows whats best for us. Praise the Lord...He is so GOOD!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Congratulations guys!!! I am very happy for you both. Having evening free to be home will be awesome!!! God truly is awesome!! I thank him everyday for my wonderful family and my precious little grandchild!
Sending love to you all!!!