Sunday, August 23, 2009

While Daddy's Away...




















Preston was out of town this entire weekend, and Sawyer and I missed him terribly! With his new job, Ive become so used to him being off with us every weekend, and it just felt so strange without him here. I don't think I'll be taking his work-free weekends for granted any time soon! He flew out for Salina (Kansas) after work on Friday (with his Dad and brother) to go see his grandma. Unfortunately, on Friday afternoon, she had an aortic aneurysm and had to be checked into the intensive care unit at the hospital. It seems just about Preston's entire family (and there are a lot of them) came to be with her, which was awesome. I'm glad because Preston got to see his grandma Sylvia, who (PRAISE THE LORD) was doing a little better today, and spend some much needed time with his family, who he doesn't get to see as much as he'd like. He'll be home late tonight...I cant wait to see him!
Mom and Dad were gracious enough to come and spend the entire weekend with Sawyer and I, and we had so much fun! It was like one big slumber party...
Friday night, I went out with my girlfriend Sara while Mom and Dad stayed with Sawyer. They ordered pizza, played hard, and just had a big time, as always! Sara and I went out for dinner at Rafferty's, and then to see the The Time Traveller's Wife at the movies. I had been wanting to see that movie for months, but to be honest, it wasn't quite what I'd expected. It was good, just different. Sara and I had a great time together, and we've already agreed to go see another movie (that we saw in the previews) together next month!
On Saturday morning, we lounged around the house for a bit, and then Mom and I took Sawyer out to lunch, to the consignment store (where I found a few really cute Fall things for Bug) and then to Toys R Us to get Sawyer a new gown. My mom wears gowns to bed, and Sawyer decided that she needed one of her own...bad. It was all she was talking about, so Mom just had to buy her one! We let her pick out the gown of her choice, which ended up being Tinkerbell, and while I'm not a "character" fan as far as her Sawyer's clothes go, it was pretty cute once she put it on. After Toy's R Us, we headed home, and played outside for a little while. Mom broke out the play-dough, which is always a hit as far as Sawyer's concerned, and then we discovered some brand new baby birds in one of our hanging baskets. Sawyer was amazed.
Okay, Funny story...that night, after Sawyer's bath she could not wait to put her new gown on. Well, the gown came with these little slippers, and you should have seen her when she got those things on! She was going absolutely nuts, dancing around. She was calling them her "dancin' shoes." So, basically, Mom, Dad, Sawyer and I ended up having an impromptu dance party in the living room that night. She was WILD! After Sawyer went to bed, we played a few games of Aggravation, which has to be one of the best games around.
Today, we went to church, and then Sawyer and I headed home, where we both took a much needed nap! After we got up, we headed out to the park, and let me just say, I feel so sorry for anyone who had to be inside today! The weather was perfect. We stayed at the park for a couple of hours, and then we went to my parent's house to have some of Mom's homemade chili, which is always delicious. After dinner, Dad was sweet enough to come and cut our grass so Preston wont have to do it after work tomorrow. Once Sawyer and I got home, we played outside for a little bit longer, and before I knew it, it was bath time! After her bath, we watched some Calliou (Sawyer's new favorite thing)while we snacked on some apples and then she was more than ready for bed.
Now...I'm just waiting for my Hunny to get home! We had a fun weekend, and I'm so thankful I had the people I love with me to help the time away from Preston go by fast. Hope you all had a great weekend with the one's you love too!

1 comment:

The Malko's said...

Seriously, the first picture you posted of Sawyer by herslef is the cutest picture ever! I love looking at your pictures! Sawyer has to have the best expressions of any kid i have ever seen! She is so animated! Cutie pie!

~Brooke