Friday, August 21, 2009

My Very Own Walking, Talking Air Refreshener...







Yesterday afternoon I decided I had to get some laundry done, my least favorite chore, so Sawyer headed to the basement with me...
She loves going to the basement with me because her "bouncy" is down there, along with several of her other bigger toys, so she always just plays while I'm doing the wash. Yesterday, she found the broom, which she thought it was the greatest thing ever, and she happily swept the floor for a good 15 minutes. While she was sweeping her little heart out, I was finishing up ironing a few of her little dresses. As I stood there, ironing, I suddenly realize that I hadn't heard a peep from her in (what seemed like) a couple of minutes. We all know what kind of damage a two year old can do in just a couple of minutes.
I walked over on the other side of our basement steps, and there she is. She has her shirt pulled up, and she's smearing a pot of vanilla odor eliminating gel ALL OVER HER BELLY. She has it caked on her hands, under all of her fingernails, and her stomach and chest were coated with this slimy, very strong-smelling gel. As soon she she sees me, she says, "Oh, this will make me all better Mommy!" as if it's some sort of healing ointment or lotion.
I calmly took the pot away, which had deep dig marks from her little fingers, and stripped her down for a bath. I was really kind of freaking out because her skin is SUPER sensitive, and I was just sure she was going to break out in some kind of horrible rash. Luckily, it didn't do a thing.
After I had her all cleaned off in the tub, she says, "Mommy, I smelled so good!" I just had to laugh, because, well, she did still smell a little bit like a sugar cookie.

No comments: