Sunday, August 30, 2009

Family Update...

Preston and I are up way to late tonight...
After church today, mom took Sawyer to her house for a while so Preston and I could spend a little (much needed) time together. We had lunch at Fazoli's with out Bible Fellowship group, and then we headed home to take an afternoon nap! I guess we must have been more tired than we thought, because we ended up sleeping for three and a half hours! After we woke up, we went to pick up Sawyer and headed to the park to play. The weather was perfect...a reminder that Fall will be here before we know it, and I'm so excited!

Since going to bed isn't happening anytime soon, I thought I would give you guys an update on our little family...

Preston. Preston is still loving his job. He comes home just about everyday, excited to tell me something new he's learned. I'm so proud of him. He works so hard for us...actually, he's the hardest worker I know, and he never complains a bit. Everyday, I'm a little more thankful than the last that he's my husband.
He's also super excited to be coaching Upwards Soccer this year at church! He's coaching six and seven year olds, and I thought the team name they were given was pretty cute...the Rebels. I'll admit, when he first committed to coaching, I was a little bit "on the fence" about the whole thing. It seems like we're always so busy, and I wasn't ready to add in yet another commitment. But you know what? After praying about it, God completely changed my heart! Upward Soccer really is such a wonderful ministry opportunity. While almost every child from our church (and many other churches here in Louisville) will participate, there are also several children from the community who've registered who do not attend church. Those children will have an opportunity (possibly for the first time) to hear the gospel, as Preston will be having a small devotion with the team at each game during half time. Preston will be a fantastic coach, and we cant wait to go to his games!

Erica. I just started my Thursday morning women's bible study at church, and I'm so excited! I'm doing the 'Freedom for Mother's' study with an awesome group of women, and I know I'm going to learn a lot. We also just had the Annual Fall Women's Fashion show this past Saturday at church, and it was a hit! The theme this year was Divine Design: Dressing on a Dime, and over two hundred women attended. I was on the decoration committee, and we had such fun making everything look beautiful!
I got some good news last week. I had my six month appointment with my endocrinologist(for those that don't know I found out last year that have something called hashimoto's thyroidits, basically hypothyroidism), and while my t3 levels are still low, they are getting better...so at least the medicine is working! I had dropped 14 pounds (4 of which were unintentional) since I saw him back in February, and my vitamin D levels were up a bit too. He did bump my synthroid dosage up for the third time, so hopefully this will do the trick!
My days continue being spent as the "keeper of our home," running errands, making appointments, cleaning, keeping on schedule, playing with and teaching Sawyer all sorts of new things, and having loads of fun watching her grow and change every day. I really do have the best job in the universe. I'm also still using my camera just about everyday...I LOVE taking pictures. The more I do it, the more I enjoy it. Last night, I played around with Photo shop for a little while and learned how to do some really neat things, so I cant wait to use them!

Sawyer Paige. Sawyer is becoming such a big girl! I'm proud to say that she has been doing excellent in her new two-year old class at church, and she comes home just about every Sunday with a new, lovely piece of artwork. She hasn't cried once when Ive dropped her off, which is a huge relief for Preston and I...and probably the nursery workers as well! As of late, Sawyer has been responding very well to correction/discipline, she continues to talk our ears off, and she's getting more fun by the day!

No comments: