Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Potty Training...Day One

So, today was the official first day of potty training...
I must say, it has really been a success! Sure, we're only half way through the day, but there have been no accidents, and lots of pee-pee in the potty! oh, and I should also congratulate Crazy Bunny as well...he also went potty for the first time this morning, Sawyer made sure of it.
Really, I think Sawyer could have been trained several months ago, but I kept putting it off, and it seemed like there was always something else going on. I'd gotten her a little potty at the beginning of Spring so that she'd go ahead and start getting used to the idea of it.
Two weeks ago, she was running around "neked" before her bath, and she said she needed to use the potty, so I ran to get it, thinking to myself that it wasn't actually going to happen. Well, wouldn't you know...she sat right on that potty down and did her business! Preston was home with me that day and we couldn't believe it! We gave her a Hershey kiss, about 20 high-fives, and danced around like a bunch of fools. Later that same night, Preston and I went out on our date and Mom and Dad kept her...while we were gone, she went on her potty again! I cant really remember now why we didn't just continue potty training on from there, but I didn't. The whole thing was just shocking to me because it was so "out of the blue."
Fast forward to this morning...
I'm sitting there, listening to Sawyer sing and play and I just made up my mind. This week, we don't have much of anything going on, so I'm going to do it! She's ready. No more excuses. Let the potty training begin!

No comments: