Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mission Accomplished...

Alright, so I feel pretty safe saying that Sawyer is officially potty trained! We have gone three whole days now with no accidents! We started about a week and a half ago, and while there was a couple of days in there when I wanted to give up, she's really gotten the hang of it! I think that when I started this whole potty training thing, my expectations were just WAY to high. I was sure that after three days, she'd be completely trained. How unrealistic. This is a big step for Sawyer...I was just telling Preston yesterday that I feel like it's the last thing to go from her "babyhood." Anyhow, I'm proud of her, and I'm glad we got through it!
Yesterday, we made a trip to spend the day at Huber's Orchard with Evan, Leah, and Kendall. We had such a good time with them! Unfortunately I left my camera at home...UGH. When we got there, we had lunch at their restaurant, which is always good, and after that the girls got to go out to the pond and check out all the ducks. Sawyer was loving them, while Kendall was a little leery, but in the end she seemed to warm up to them! After checking out the ducks, we headed over to the market, and it was super crowded, even for a Saturday. We looked around a little and Preston and I ended up getting our usual..the iced apple bread, which is to die for. Next, we decided to take the girls over to the little park/petting zoo area so they could run around and play for a while. They had this HUGE bouncy slide, and Sawyer couldn't get enough of it. She was hilarious..going down on her belly, and then head first, upside down! In fact, she liked it so much, that last night Preston and I decided to rent one for her birthday! I'm sure she'll be excited about that. I think the real "hit" of the day were these mountain slides they had. There were these huge black tube slides coming off the side of this mountain, and we decided (reluctantly) let the girls go down. I was sure Sawyer and Kendall would come down scared to death, screaming and crying. THEY ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! You should have seen their little faces...I wish so bad that I had a picture. Last, we topped off our day with some of their homemade ice cream!
On the ride home, Preston and I agreed that we were so happy that we've really gotten to know Evan and Leah...and I'm sure Sawyer is happy to have met her buddy, Kendall! We're just very thankful for their friendship, and we always enjoy any time we get to spend with them.
Today after church, Preston went to play golf with dad, so Sawyer and I headed over to hang out with Mimi. We ran to Walmart to pick up a few things an then back to her house to play for a while. Mom got her some of these little Polly Pocket people and she loves them. She sat their in her room playing with them while Mom and I talked for at least 45 minutes and didn't make a peep!
Tomorrow, Sawyer and I might head to the pool depending on the weather. Im afraid the water might be too cool because of the crazy weather we had this weekend! We'll see...

2 comments:

Leah said...

Aw...we love hanging out with y'all too! And are so glad you aren't going anywhere! :)

And where do you go to the pool? Are you just talking about your little pool or do you take Sawyer somewhere?

The Petersen Family said...

Sometimes I take her out to my grandparents house...they have a neighborhood pool :)
You girls should come with us one day!