Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Day with Mamaw and Papaw "Well-Well"...

I had planned on taking Sawyer out to spend the day with her Mamaw and Papaw "Well-Well" (their last name is Cornwell, but with Sawyer it always comes out "Well-Well", so we just went with it.) They have a neighborhood swimming pool so I thought she might like to go swimming for a while. Well, it turned out A LOT cooler than I thought it would be today, so we scratched the swimming plans, but we did still go out and visit!
Mamaw and Papaw's neighbor's have a big wooden play set with a slide and Sawyer had tons of fun playing on that...I'm still thinking we might need one of our own. I go back and forth on that one...like, will she just get tired of it, or will we be able to pack it to a new house, etc, etc, etc...
Anyways, after we played outside for a while, we headed inside and Mamaw started making dinner while Papaw took Sawyer and I to walk around this huge gazebo overlooking a big pond they have behind their neighborhood clubhouse. It was really neat. Sawyer got to feed the fish and get an up close look at the ducks. She was loving it. Of course, I forgot my camera!
Mamaw and Papaw had just gotten back from their trip to the country to visit family, and she had tons of goodies to give me! While they were down there, they visited (as they always do) and Amish farm and bought lots of fresh produce and other yummy stuff. I ended up going home with five ears of "peaches and cream" corn. Not sure exactly why they call it that, but no exaggeration, its without a doubt the most delicious corn Ive ever had in my life. She made us some for dinner, and you should have seen Sawyer gettin' down on it...she finished off two big cobs. I also got some tomatoes, a cantaloupe, green beans, squash, a fresh loaf of homemade sourdough bread, and some raisins. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but anyhow...we got lots of good food.
Preston came out after work and we all had dinner together, and I decided to go ahead and give Sawyer her bath while we were there. We had a wonderful day together, and I'm already planning my visit next week...it'll be warmer so we'll definitely get to go to the pool then!

No comments: