Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What We've Been Doin...

This past Friday night my friend Amy and I went out for a girls night! We decided earlier in the week on dinner and a movie, and while we knew what movie we'd be seeing (The Blind Side,) we still were undecided on where to go eat. We left the house and headed toward the theatre, both hungry, talking about all the places we had to chose from. Would it be Rafferty's, BW3's, Panera, Mcalisters, Tumbleweed????? The options were endless.
Here comes the funny part and its almost embarrassing...
We ended up having dinner at the always-delicious...Taco Bell. After discussing all of our options, we both remembered (at the same time) there is a Taco Bell right by the movie's and it sounded good to both of us! Amy and I have been friends since the 4Th grade, and as she would say, "we've always been taco-bell partners." We really do love it that much. As we ate that night, we sat and talked about all the math classes we skipped in college (we went to the same school,) to go shopping and eat Taco Bell! It was great spending the evening with her...just like old times.
So like I said before, we saw The Blind Side after our gourmet dinner. We both agreed it was the best movie we'd seen in years. Really, if you haven't seen it, you should. Its awesome. So awesome in fact that Preston and I went to see it again the very next night!
Saturday, we had an all-day annual meeting at the downtown Marriott to attend for Preston's work. We had to be there at 2:30 that afternoon and it didn't end until 9:30 that night! They had award ceremonies, a dinner, and the entertainment this year was a comedian who was hilarious. It turned out to be an excellent date night!

Some other random things...

I made crock-pot lasagna for the very first time last night. Mom, Dad, Mamaw and Papaw came over to eat with us and everyone LOVED it, so I'll post the recipe soon!

Mom and I are thinking about having a cookie swap. I really like the idea, I guess it's just finding a day amongst all the busy-ness to schedule it.

Ive been a real slacker about going to the gym. I haven't been since Thanksgiving...I know, shame on me.

Sawyer is loving The Bernstein Bears right now. We just bought four more of the DVDs on eBay, and they're on their way!

This might be the saddest thing ever. We went to Oxmoor Mall last week so Sawyer could play on the big boat, and IT...WAS....GONE!!!!!! You should have seen her little face as she looked at the big empty space it used to be in. She was so confused, and disgusted...as was I. What in the world are we going to do this winter!?!?! How is she going to burn off all that energy!?!?! I guess this just means more trips to indoor playground at Chick-Fill-A.

I guess that's just about all we've been up to lately. Hope every one's doing well!

No comments: