Tuesday, December 29, 2009

All the Same Reasons...And Then Some





I dug up a little treasure today.
I was cleaning out our dining room hutch this afternoon (which at the moment is sort of like a bottomless junk pit) and I found the book I made Preston for our one year wedding anniversary.
I smiled when I saw the corner of it sticking out from beneath a huge pile of papers, and I cut my hutch-organizing short to sit down and look through it. I honestly didn't even know it was lost until I found it...we have a lot of stuff around here.
I remember working on this book every single day, for weeks leading up to our anniversary, and I couldn't wait to give it to him. When he opened it up to look inside, the first thing he said was, "No way...are there really 365 in here!?!?"
"Yup...Go ahead, read em all," I said. Because there really were 365 reasons why I loved him, written down in the pages of that book. One reason for every day we'd spent together as husband and wife. Surprisingly enough, all of those reasons weren't hard to come up with at all, and if I were writing that book again today, I know I could easily come up with 365 more.
Some of my favorite reasons were....

Because of your uncompromising belief in God and his word.

Because you have such a servants heart.

Because you're so good at fixing things...a real handy man.

Because we always laugh at the same things.

Because you're you re the best Math tutor Ive ever had (this made me laugh. I wrote this was back in the day when I was still in college, and Preston helped me with my Math work almost every night. He was so patient with me...I just don't get Math)

Because all of my friends and family adore you.

Because of the way you make small talk with people at the drive through window...ha ha ha.

Because you never get frustrated when I ask you, "Does Dateline come on tonight?" every night of the week. (that one made me laugh)

Because of your determination. You never let anything hold you back.

Because you always try and make the best out of a bad situation.

Because of your willingness to forgive.

Because you tell me I'm beautiful, even without makeup on.

Because of your generosity.

Because you've never gone a night without kissing me before bed...even when we're mad at each other.

Because you've made me the luckiest girl in the world.

You know, I'm not sure if Preston ever sat down and read every single reason I wrote. BUT, it still makes me happy...knowing that if he ever wants to, they'll be there.

2 comments:

Lucille said...

Hi Erica,
Your mom is showing me how to place a comment
Love ya, mammaw

The Yates' said...

Oh erica what a beautiful gesture and sucha sweet treasured memory! Kevin did something very similiar to that for me when we were first dating and it is one of my most treasured possesions!