Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I seriously don't think Ive ever been so mad in my life.
Preston is sick. Sawyer is also very, very sick...like, the sickest she's ever been in her life.
Why?
Because on Sunday we had to work in the nursery at church and at least two of the kids in there were sick.
Preston started getting sick late Sunday night, and Sawyer started feeling bad yesterday. She had a fever of almost 104 and was only awake about 2 hours the entire day. I called her pediatrician and they told me what to give her, and thankfully my Mom was with me, because we almost had to make a trip to the emergency room. Today, the fever is almost gone (praise the Lord) but her throat is hurting so bad she can barely swallow and she wont eat anything.
I'm just waiting to get it myself, because it seems like that's always how it happens.
I understand people wanting to go to church, but if you have a sick child, its in their (and everyone elses) best interest to STAY HOME. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I'm just honestly so angry. Bringing your sick kid to church so they can get everyone else sick is just plain inconsiderate and selfish. I know that might sound "harsh" or whatever, but its the truth. I understand not wanting to stay home on Sunday morning, and having to miss church to be home with a sick baby stinks, but what in the world would make someone think it would be best to bring them around other people who might catch what they have!?!?!? I'm just so tired of it. I told Preston yesterday that Sawyer and I are taking a little (indefinite) hiatus from the church nursery.
Tomorrow, we're supposed to be hanging out with my family, but I guess that all depends on how Sawyer is feeling. Ugh. Did I mention I'm mad?
This Sunday, I'll be staying home with Sawyer EVEN IF IT SEEMS LIKE SHE MIGHT BE FEELING BETTER, and I really wish everyone else would do the same if their kids are sick. Because I'm sick of getting sick...sick of taking care of other people who are sick (especially an inconsolable, over-tired, ultra-emotional 2 year old)...just plain sick.

No comments: