Sunday, May 31, 2009

Time Well Spent...






This past Saturday, my best friend Jordan and I took a little day trip together. Her sister in law was having a 'Butterfly' party with a few women at her home in Franklin, Indiana and Jordan asked me to tag along! We were kid-free for the whole day, while our sweet husbands got to spend some time with their little girls! We both love our daughters to pieces, but all you moms out there know how nice it is to have a WHOLE afternoon with no kiddos! She came to pick me up at noon, and it took almost 2 hours to get there, but it went by so fast! I seriously felt like we were in the car for maybe 45 minutes...I guess because we were having so much fun talking!
Before I go any further, let me just tell you about my friendship with Jordan. I love her so much and she is just so precious to me. I met her when she was in first grade, and I was in kindergarten, so we've been friends pretty much our entire lives. I was telling her the other day, that I honestly don't even think of her as just my friend, but rather my sister. She's very much a part of my family. When we were little girls we were inseparable! And almost as far back as I have memories, she's in them. We did some of the craziest things together, and we were always making each other laugh (in that regard, not much has changed). One time, I guess we were about 10, we decided that we would video tape ourselves doing a cooking show. We thought it would be a good idea to make peanut butter cookies. Hilarious doesn't even begin to describe it: I actually peed my pants in the middle of our kitchen floor during the "cooking show shoot" because I couldn't stop laughing. I wish I could find those tapes...I'm sure they're tucked away somewhere at Mom and Dad's. I could go on for DAYS (literally) about the memories we've made together.
I'm just so thankful that God blessed me with a "life-long" friend like her...a friend that I can trust know matter what, and who knows me inside and out, and still loves me anyways! Now, we are both married with 2 sweet little girls of our own. It makes me smile when I think of Cameryn and Sawyer being able to grow up together like Jordan and I did. Right now, they are a year and a half apart age-wise, but soon enough they will be able to play together. The stay-up-all-night-giggling-sleepovers will be her before we know it...and I cant wait.
Anyhow, so after the party, we headed back to Louisville to meet our husbands for dinner. We decided to grill out at our house, and while Preston would tell you that he over-cooked the burgers, I thought it turned out wonderful! We all had a good time eating and playing with the girls. I got to take some pictures Of baby Cameryn while the guys were outside grilling. We've actually decided to start planning a weekend trip to Gatlinberg in the Fall! Grandparents will be keeping the girls, and I think it will be fun to get away for a couple of days.
Other News: I'm strongly considering taking Sawyer to the zoo by myself this week. Is that an insane idea? Because, honestly, I could picture it going well, but I could also picture it being disastrous. Normally, if we go on day trips like that, Preston and I take her together because its just easier, but I think I want to go on a weekday rater than a weekend. Who knows...we might get up tomorrow morning and go...or not...I'll decide later.

1 comment:

The Burts said...

I had so much fun on Saturday! Thank you so much for spending the day with me and for always being there. I love you tons!