Friday, May 29, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun...





This past Monday, I told the girls all morning that after they got up from their nap we were going to go outside and play in the "bouncy" (our inflatable bouncer).
They seemed to be pretty excited about it, but unfortunately when they woke up it was POURING DOWN RAINING outside! They kept asking to go out, so I opened the front door so they could see the rain for themselves. It was pitiful...you should have seen their little faces. They just stood there at the door, staring out at the rain. Of course I thought they were standing there disappointed and sad, but I'm sure they were just amazed at how hard the rain was coming down.
Luckily, we ended up playing and having a good time inside...I let them use Sawyer's bed as a bouncy. I know, I know...I can just see all of you reading this shaking your heads, thinking I'm crazy to let them jump in the bed, but if you would have seen their faces I promise, you would have to. They were having so much fun jumping around and screaming like little wild animals! Im a firm believer that one of the keys to a happy toddler is letting them get all that energy they have OUT! The great thing about a baby bed is that you cant fall off the edge, so I figured why not just let them go at it?
They are sleeping right now, but the weather is looking nice, so I'm hoping they will get up soon and I can redeem myself from Monday when we got rained out. The real bouncy is waiting outside...

No comments: