Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Big Helper...





Sawyer and I got to spend the entire day outside in this gorgeous weather! We went over to Mom's because she was going to be out doing yard work all day, and it gave Sawyer a chance to play her little heart out! She was SO tired when we left.
We put her in her bathing suit, and after mom sprayed off the patio, Sawyer went wild splashing around in all the puddles! Mom also gave her a few gardening tools and a rake so she could "help." After she was finished digging in the mud and playing in the water, we did a little exploring and found two little turtle doves under a tree in Mom's backyard. They wouldn't fly away no matter how close you'd get to them (I think because their babies were up in the tree,) so Sawyer and I got a close up look at them, and she was loving it! It's so neat to see things again through the eyes of your child. Children are so full of wonder and curiosity, and seeing them so excited about the simplest things is awesome.
I was feeling so inspired by the beautiful weather that I made a little trip to Target to get Sawyer a pool! I found the neatest one, and I think Sawyer will love it. It's in the shape of a huge whale, and you can hook the hose up to it so it will spout water out the top. I cant wait to get it out so she can play in it...hopefully it'll get even warmer before too long!

No comments: