Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Day...



Yesterday evening we went over to Mom and Dad's house for a little while, and out of the blue, Mom says, "Why don't you just let Sawyer spend the night with us tonight? You can just sleep in tomorrow morning!"
Let me think about that for a sec....
Ummm, YES!
I ran home to grab her some PJ's, dropped those back of at Mom and Dad's, and then headed over to Border's to look around before meeting Preston for dinner. We ended up eating at Taco Bell, but it was SO nice to sit there (for almost an hour) and just talk! After we ate, we went to look for a lamp for Preston's desk, and then came home and hung out a while before going to bed.
It was a great mid-week, impromptu mini-date. And it came at just the right time, since Preston's been working SO much this week.
So, this morning I went to get Sawyer and the snow was really coming down! Once I got there, Mom suggested we just spend the day there, since she wasn't going anywhere. If we were going to be cooped up inside all day, we may as well be cooped up together! I'm so glad I decided to stay, because it ended up being an AWESOME day. Everything a snow day should be. We bundled Sawyer up and took her out in the snow for the first time ever, and she absolutely LOVED it! Unfortunately, I only had my phone to take pictures, but I'm sure we'll go out again tomorrow, so I'll get more with my camera then. After we played outside for a little while, we came in and gave her a hot bath, followed by a sippy-cup full of hot chocolate and a new Veggie Tale movie (with popcorn, of course.) Mom made the most delicious soup Ive had in a long time, and Dad "braved the elements" to run out and get us a loaf of Great Harvest bread and McDonald's cokes to go with it. We stayed in our pajamas all day, played, laughed, and just relaxed...It was by far the best snow day Ive had since I was a little girl.
Hope you and your family had a great snow day too!

No comments: