Saturday, January 23, 2010

It Makes Me Better...

Everything is back to normal in our household, and thank the LORD, because it was starting to feel like we were never going to get our girl well!
Okay, this is funny...
A couple of days ago, I was cleaning up the kitchen and I could hear Sawyer playing with her dollhouse in her room. I wasn't about to go in and "disturb" her, so I just went on with what I was doing and let her play. A few minutes passed, I got a phone call, and by the time I got off-about five minutes later-I realized I couldn't hear her playing anymore. I walked into her room to see her sitting in the floor running her little hands all over her bookshelf.
Hmmmm....strange.
As I walk closer, the smell about knocked me down. Sawyer found the pot of Vick's Vapor Rub and was going to town. She had it EVERYWHERE. Her hands were COVERED all the way up to her wrists. It was on the floor. On the books. On the storage bins. In her hair.
She just looks up at me and says, "It makes me better Mom!"
I just had to laugh, because it's true...Vick's always makes it better. I had a big mess to clean up, but the good thing was that we were both able to smell quite well for the next few hours!

No comments: