Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Thoughts For Your Thursday Afternoon...

First, I just need to get this out: I'M SO STINKIN TIRED OF THIS COLD WEATHER! I'm ready for some warmness...
Okay, I feel better now. Sort of.

-This week has been one of those weeks that I'm just feeling extra-happy to be a mommy. Sawyer has been SO good, and we've had SO much fun together! Ive really enjoyed her company and most of all her conversation! Oh man, the things she says! I'm also loving the way she makes a song out of the most random sentences. I'll say something like, "Sawyer you have to go put your shoes on," and the next thing I hear is her repeating what I said, but in a song. So funny! There's one thing she's certainly not lacking any of, and that's personality. The other day, Preston was in the shower and she knocks on the door and yells, "Daddy! Are you in there shaving your legs!?!" I was ROLLING!!! Yesterday, we made a batch of oatmeal cookies together, and while she' mixing the dough she says, "Momma, I'm a good chef. When you eat these cookies they're so good you would die! Am I kidding? No, I'm serious!" Even as I sit here typing that one, I'm laughing out loud.

-I'm also feeling particularly thankful for girlfriends today. I was fortunate enough to have a girls night out with my bestest bud Jordan this past Saturday while Preston and Sawyer had some daddy-daughter time. We had so much fun! We went and had dinner at the always-yummy Calistoga, shopping at Gymboree, then to see a movie. While we agreed the movie wasn't the best we'd ever seen, it was still great to just be out of the house and do whatever we wanted! Jordan and I also got to hang out yesterday when we took the girls to play at All About Kids. Cameryn and Sawyer played their little hearts out and then we took them back to my house for lunch and naps. The really great thing is that they nap at the same time, so it gives Jordan and I a chance to just relax and talk for a couple of hours! Mommy-time is just great.

-Last night I was looking online at Etsy, and I got this idea to make some fabric-monogram shirts for Sawyer. We ventured out to Hobby Lobby and Target this morning to gather all the supplies, so we'll see how they turn out. I'm feeling fairly hopeful, so If I get a good result, I'll post pictures. If not, we'll just act like I never said any if this.

-I read this verse for the first time the other day and I was SO encouraged:
"The LORD your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Seriously...how awesome is that? To read that the Lord- maker of the Heavens and Earth, God over EVERYTHING- will take delight in me! Wow.

Tomorrow is the start of another weekend, and for the first time in I-Don't-Know-When, we really have no plans. I sort of like the idea. Hope you're all having a good week and staying warm!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hey...I miss you. I'm sad you weren't at Bible Study this morning. It was soooooooooooooo good.

If you don't have plans tomorrow night, come to my house for some Pampered Chef fun. You don't have to buy anything, just come so we can hang out. PLLEEAASSSEE!!!! Evan will be taking Kendall to do something fun, and I'm excited to have some ladies over with no children involved! ;)