Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year...

First, let me just say...Happy New Year to you!!!!
Preston and I stayed up past our bedtime (we're old folk) last night to watch the ball drop, and of course to share a little new year's kiss! Isn't that just so newlyweddish of us? I thought so too.

Since Preston's been off work for the past three days, we've gotten SO much accomplished around the house! I cleaned out Sawyer's closet, toy box, all kitchen cabinets and drawers, the pantry (man that was bad,) and best of all... our ENTIRE basement. I was so proud I was going to share pictures with you guys, but you really couldn't appreciate the "after" photos unless you'd seen the "before." Just trust me, it looks way better. We cleaned out every shelf, tossed out all the junk we'd been hanging on to for way too long, and started to organize all of the yard sale and donation stuff. The pile of Sawyer's clothes (along with some toys and shoes) is gigantic, so if anyone wants to come take a look and see if you want anything before I sell it, just call me :)

I'm sitting here right now, thinking of how glorious it feels to have everything organized. Well, everything except the dining room hutch, but that's for another day.
I'm also thinking about how quickly this year has flown by! When you have little ones the days are long, but the years are so short. As I sit and reflect this past year, I'm overwhelmed with how much the Lord has truly blessed our family. How good he's been to me...how he's protected me, guided me, and most of all loved me. I could never praise him enough for all he's done for me. Every good thing I have (or will ever have) has come straight from him.

Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
Psalm 105:1-2

A few highlights from this year I don't want to forget:

-Preston getting his NEW JOB! Looking back on that whole (long) process from beginning to end, its just SO clear that God had his hand upon the whole thing the entire time. We are beyond thankful for his position at such a great company.

-Celebrating Sawyer's second birthday! What fun she had!

-Our four year anniversary...still cant believe its already been that long.

-Our Valentines Day Getaway.

-Our family trip to Tennessee.

-Our trip to Gatlinburg with Jordan and Josh in October. Those two are yet another thing Preston and I have to be thankful for...friends that bring us so much fun and laughter every time we're together.

2009 has been a good year indeed. A few goals I have for this upcoming year...

-To shed some of this baby weight I'm still holding on to for what, 2 1/2 years now? I thought seriously (for maybe 10 minutes) about giving up all soft drinks, cold turkey. But I then decided against that idea. Because if I did that, someone might have to check me into some sort of mental facility for my withdraws, and we wouldn't want that. Yes, I love them that much.

-To be more patient.

-To work on memorizing scripture. Not just reading the Word, but memorizing it. I really believe its so important to have Gods truths tucked away in your heart and I already have a plan in place that's going to help me with my goal (thank you Topical Memory System,) so by the end of 2010 I should have around 100 verses memorized.

I hope all of you can look back at this past year and think of at least a few things you're thankful for. I know I am.

Right Now, I'm headed to bed. Its way too late, I'm so tired from all the cleaning! We have a full day tomorrow...an afternoon with friends, celebrating Cameryn's first birthday, and then dropping Sawyer off at Mom and Dad's because its DATE NIGHT!

Have a Happy Weekend everyone!

3 comments:

The Yates' said...

Hey I would love to take a look at sawyers stuff before you sell it... one day next week maybe?

The Petersen Family said...

for sure...we'll talk sunday :)

Leah said...

ME TOO!!! :) You know I love me some good hand-me-downs!

Happy New Year to you!!!