Monday, November 2, 2009

Under The Weather...





This has always been my favorite time of the year, but there's one thing I absolutely HATE about it. It seems everyone gets SICK! ugh...
Sawyer started feeling bad Friday, and it only got worse overnight. She was running a low fever, has a horribly runny nose, and a little bit of a cough. She is just pitiful. Every time she tries to sleep her nose starts running and then she coughs, which wakes her up and she starts crying. It's awful.
What's also awful is that Preston and I haven't slept in the same bed for three nights. Ever since Sawyer started getting sick, she's been sleeping in our bed. Poor Preston tried to stay in there with us, but Sawyer moves SO MUCH when she's sleeping and there's just not enough room. I suggested he relocate to the spare bedroom for a night or two so he could get some rest because he has to get up for work so early. Sawyer and I finally headed to the pediatrician this afternoon. After checking her out, her doctor was sure it was her allergies. He asked me what we were doing the day she got sick and I told him we'd been outside playing in the leaves all day. He said since the weather had been so crazy with all the rain last week that the mold count was really high, so playing in the leaves was exactly what did it. Her nose and throat were pretty raw from all the drainage, and we were sent home with a prescription for Zyrtec, which should help her a lot.
So, no more playing in the leaves again anytime soon for Bug. I did get some really sweet pictures of her that day though...I'll post those later.
Right now, I'm just feeling SO thankful that she isn't sick with anything worse than allergies, and I'm also hoping she sleeps better tonight...in her bed.

1 comment:

Leah said...

YAY for Zyrtec!!! :) It saves our lives around here! You know you can get it OTC, right? And that the cheap stuff (like Walgreens brand) is just as good...my pharmacist cousin actually says it's better!

ps. Tonight at the table, Kendall looks at Evan and says, "Know what?" Evan said, "What." Kendall says: I wanna see Sawyer." Then she jumps down out of her chair and says "I love Sawyer" over and over again. It was SOOO cute!