Monday, November 2, 2009

Gatlinburg Getaway...











The week before last, Preston and I took off to Gatlinburg for a mini-vacation with our friends Jordan and Josh!
We planned this trip back in July and as it got closer I was even more excited, because there's nothing more perfect than Gatlinburg in the Fall. Our cabin was called the Stargazer and it was beautiful. Preston and I had actually stayed there a few years ago when we went with my family, but since then he had done some updating, which was nice.
We had such a blast!!! I was going to go through each day and tell you exactly what we did, but I don't want to bore you so I'll just say this...
Our time was spent mostly just relaxing, playing games (Jordan and I beat the guys pretty badly in our Aggravation tournament) talking, watching movies, visiting some neat restaurants, shopping (they have a great outlet mall) and even horseback riding!
It was nice to be able to stay up late, get up late if we wanted, and even take a few naps...all those things you don't really get to do with a "little one" at home! After horseback riding on Saturday, we came back to the cabin and the guys threw some wood in the fireplace before turning on football, so Jordan and I decided to blow up the air mattress! We put that baby RIGHT in front of the fireplace (we were still freezing from being outside), got a few pillows and blankets, and before long we were OUT. I think we slept for almost two and a half hours...it was fabulous.
We came home Sunday afternoon well rested and more than ready to see our two little girls! I'm so glad we were able to take that trip, and so thankful for such sweet friends who went with us. On our way home, we were already talking about the next vacation we could take together!
I posted some pictures from the trip, but unfortunately I didn't bring my camera the day we went horseback riding! Jordan did however remember to bring hers, so if you want to see them, she may post some of them on her blog sometime...so check it out.
Oh, and you're probably wondering about a couple of my pictures. Those raccoons are some "friends" we made while were were down there. They visited our cabin every single night hoping to get our food, and while Jordan and I thought they were pretty cute, I don't think the guys were too fond of them. And the picture of Jordan and I on the floor...well, that's us, after we "shopped till we dropped!" It was way too funny not to add, but I just wanted to explain it because it sort of looked like a crime scene photo to me.
Okay...I think that's it. Gatlinburg, we hope to see you next year!

No comments: