Saturday, November 21, 2009

Our Saturday...


















Our day has been a full one, and I'm sitting here still amazed at everything we accomplished! Its funny, because we had nothing in particular planned, but we ended up doing a bunch.
We stared our morning off with a trip to our favorite park! I thought it was going to be freezing outside, but it actually ended up being nice. We bundled Sawyer up (as you can see in the pictures, she insisted on wearing her scarf,) and headed out about 9:30, which I know sounds early, but we'd been up since 7:30! We had the whole playground to ourselves, and we had so much fun!!! We stayed at the park until it was time to go home and make lunch, and let me tell you, Sawyer was not happy about leaving today. Not at all.
Once we came home and got Sawyer fed and down for her nap, Preston and I decided to forgo our plans for a nap and do some yard work. We figured since the weather was so nice and we didn't know when the next free day we'd have to do it, that we'd just go ahead knock it all out today. And knock it out we did! I trimmed every single one of our bushes (I trim them in the spring/early summer and fall) and cut back all of our monkey grass, while Preston used to blower to get most of the leaves out of our landscaping before he cut the grass. We worked all through Sawyer's nap, which was about three hours and we didn't get done until about an hour and a half after she woke up. I was so glad when it was all finished...everything looks SO much better.
After finishing up the yard work, we had to make a trip to Walmart to return something, and we decided to buy a couple of new DVDs while we were there. Preston got a new Blue Ray DVD player after ours went out a few weeks ago, and so we (well, more Preston than me) were anxious to see it in action...with a Blue ray DVD. We ended up buying two movies for Sawyer. Go figure. We got the new Tinkerbell movie, and my all-time-favorite-childhood-movie, The Wizard Of Oz, which Sawyer is now obsessed with. Alright, so I'll just go ahead and tell y'all...I'll admit being a little skeptical about the "Blue Ray" thing. Like, would it seriously make that much of a difference? Well, it did...really. The picture is UNBELIEVABLE.
Anyway, after our trip to Walmart, Mom and Dad came over for dinner! Mom had made some of her famous white chili (one of the best things ever) and she also brought these huge baked potatoes and toppings for those. SO SO SO yummy. Dessert: the delicious no bake cookies Leah sent us home with last night. So good! After dinner, Preston took Sawyer out to grab some ice cream and mom and I worked on cutting about a gazillion pieces of burlap for the church Thanksgiving dinner decorations.
Yes, full day indeed...
Right now, I'm up way too late and we've gotta get up bright and early for church in the morning! I'm off to bed...Oh, one more thing. This is neat. The past few days Ive been working with Sawyer on learning her first bible verse, and she's got it down! I'll say, "Colossians 3:20..." and she says it all, "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord!" I'll have to get it on video (I'm so bad about posting video's) and put it on here. It's so precious.
Hope you ALL had a wonderful Saturday! I'll leave you guys with some pictures from our morning at the park...

No comments: