Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rambling...

I seem to be in a bit of a blogging rut, but I'm trying to get my act together.
This post is just some of my ramblings, so I apologize for the randomness...

-As of today, Thanksgiving is just two weeks away!!! Its always been my favorite holiday, and I start getting excited about it several months in advance. Mom and I are planning our menu this week...fun stuff. Mom and I are also decorating the church for our Thanksgiving dinner there. We've had a lot of fun getting stuff together for that, and I think its going to turn out really pretty so I'll have to remember to take pictures!

-I bought an ipod tonight! I never really needed one before, but Ive been going to the gym (I know, gasp!) and I like to listen to music while I'm working out, so Preston and I went to Sam's to pick one up. He refused to let me get the pink one, which only tells me he's planning on stealing it from me. ha ha ha...

-I've discovered a new park close to our house, and Sawyer and I L-O-V-E it!!! I'm not sure exactly why I like it so much, but I think it's because it sort of feels like you're in the woods, but you're not. They have such a nice playground, and there's a creek running near it with a neat bridge...just lots of space to run around and explore. The weather was unseasonably warm this past week, so we went there three days in a row and it was great. I wish I would have known about this place a year ago...

-Oh, and I cant not tell this story. This past week Sawyer said something quite hilarious. At the time I was embarrassed, but the more I told the story, the more funny it became. We were on the swings at the park, and there was a woman there who was pushing her little boy in the baby swing right next to us. All of a sudden, in her loudest voice, Sawyer yells, "Hey lady! Are you a pooter!?!?!?" I about died. Luckily, the woman had a good sense of humor and responded with, "Well, I'm not a pooter, but my son here is!" Sawyer could tell the the lady thought it was pretty funny, so she said it about five more times. The things they say :)

-This is super exciting...Preston and I are going to start having regularly scheduled date nights twice a month! We are so fortunate to be able to have my parents to watch Sawyer while go out, but we've been so busy lately that its hard to plan a date. Preston and I are both big planners, so we decided this would be the best way...just put in on the calendar for the first and third Saturday of the month. We can look forward to it, plan around it, and our time together remains a priority. Mom thought it was a great idea (she's a planner too) and we're so grateful to have her and Dad watch her for us.

I guess that's it for now. In case you forgot (which, I doubt you did,) tomorrow is FRIDAY...Whoooohooooo!!!! Have a spectacular weekend!

No comments: