Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Jesus Will Clean It Up"

This morning, as usual, I sat with Sawyer at the dining room table while she ate her cereal. We have some of our sweetest conversations in the morning over breakfast. Once she was finished, I got up and started toward the kitchen for a napkin to wipe up her little milky mess, and she said, "Momma? Are you gonna clean this up?"
I said, "I am, I just have to get a paper towel first."
She then says, without even a hint of a smile, "No, Mom, Jesus will clean it up!"
I about died laughing, but I contained myself long enough to call Preston in the room and have her tell him who was going to be cleaning her mess up that morning. She told him the exact same thing, and he of course thought it was the funniest thing ever.
I suppose I could have informed her that Jesus could definitely clean up a lot of other "messes," but that her milky cereal mess wasn't going to be one of them. I didn't though. Just hearing her even talk about Jesus is the best thing EVER, and I like the idea of her thinking he can do anything.
Anyhow, that just made my morning...
The things they come up with!

No comments: