Monday, October 12, 2009

All In Knots...





This is what Sawyer's hair looked like when she woke up Sunday morning...
I know...its atrocious. I'll wait while you scream in horror, because that's almost what I did when I saw it.
Okay, so Preston had just gotten her out of bed, and I could hear him in her room, say "Oh my gosh." Never good. He brought her out to the living room and said, "Re, (that's what he and my Dad call me, but that's another post) look at her hair!"
The back was in huge knots...all matted down. As you can see in these pictures, it looked like the back of her hair got caught in an airplane propeller. I took pictures from several angles so you could get the full effect.
It really isn't unusual for the back of her hair to look a little wild when she wakes up...Ive actually come to expect a small knot and some frizz. Just nothing of this proportion. When Sawyer was about a year old, she started putting her hand on the back of her hair and kind of twirling it almost every time she sucked her thumb...which is usually when she's very tired. She still does it now, and I guess she actually does it while she's asleep, hence the awesome hairdo.
Luckily, the knot came out with a little work, but her hair was still pretty crazy so we rocked the pigtails to church! I'm hoping she doesn't continue in this little "habit" for much longer because I'm afraid all of her hair in the back is going to break of from the twirling and she'll have some sort of reverse mullet. Now that would stink.

No comments: