Friday, October 2, 2009

Here We Go AGAIN...

Yesterday was great...and what made it even more great is that I finally got to use my gift certificate to Z Spa and get my full body massage that Preston gave me for Mothers Day. As always, it was heaven, and after I left I felt incredibly relaxed.
So after my spa trip I went with mom to grab a bite to eat, and then I headed over to pick up Sawyer. Dad was kind enough to watch her while I got my "zen" on...ha ha ha. Preston had soccer practice last night, and after that he had a work function to go to, so it was just Sawyer and I for the rest of the evening. On the car-ride home, I told her that since she ate really good for dinner she could have an ice cream cone when we got to the house. She was excited, and told me she wanted to eat it out on the side porch...sounded good to me.
Once we came in, I sat all of our stuff down and made her an ice cream cone and we headed back outside. We sat out there for a good twenty minutes, until the weather got cooler and it was almost dark. I went to open the door to go back inside....it...was...LOCKED. I ran to the back door, just hoping that by some chance it was left unlocked, but of course not.
So, I'm sitting there with no phone, no car keys, its almost dark outside, Preston isn't coming home anytime soon, I'd just watched my neighbor leave, and the other one wasn't home. The only thing Sawyer had on was a huge tee-shirt of my Dad's (they had been painting outside when I picked her up.)
I had no option. I went to the same basement window...the exact one that we've had to break 2 other times because of this same thing! I pushed on it a little bit, hoping that it might miraculously pop right out without breaking, but it wasn't budging. Meanwhile, Sawyer is standing behind me, barefoot, in the cold grass saying she has to go potty.
Oh, and did I mention I had on flip-flops? Since there were no bricks (or anything else that would've worked) around to break the window, I had to kick it in. It worked, and I didnt cut my foot off, but there were tiny (and not so tiny) shards of glass EVERYWHERE. Luckily, I found an old shirt in my car to lay across the bottom of the window so my stomach didn't get ripped to shreds while I attempted to shimmy through the window (backwards) down into our basement. There was nothing below the window for me to step down on, so I just kind of hoisted myself down, and let me tell ya'll...I was scared to death, and it was NOT pretty. I pinched a nerve in my back, and meanwhile, Sawyer, bless her little heart, is standing there in the yard looking at me like I'm crazy.
Once I landed in the basement, I yelled for Sawyer to go to the side porch, and I ran up the stairs to meet her. Mission accomplished...
After the third time of this happening, you would have thought that I'd learned my lesson. However, it happened again this afternoon. I mean, honestly, can you believe it? Because I cant. Lucky for me, the window was already wide open, so it was a lot easier this time!
What's on the agenda for this weekend? Getting a spare key made and hiding it somewhere around here...I cannot do this...again. Oh, and I think I need another massage.

1 comment:

Leah said...

You should have told me today that you used your massage yesterday, too! We were twinkies! :)

And I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at your story. I'm sure you were frustrated, but the retell is really funny!

Glad to hang out with you for a bit today!